Friday 15 July 2016

Review: The Queen of Bright and Shiny Things

The Queen of Bright and Shiny Things The Queen of Bright and Shiny Things by Ann Aguirre
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

This was a much better contemporary book than I had originally expected. (yeah,I know alot of people consider it better to go in without any expectations but sometimes I can't help it...)

I do hate it when characters do the whole instant love thing or the love at first site thing! This book was no different,I mean now that it is after I have finished the book I can finally dwell on that unhappiness. I mean, almost every contemporary book has that kind of love in it and that sometimes makes me feel like everyone on this planet who's ever been or will be in love, it will go something like this. (and that is a horrible thought). I have always wondered why so many people (including me) hate reading about instant love in contemporary novels....

But I couldn't hate Sage and Shane's relationship. Because it was so heartwarming and such! I mean, I practically fell in love with Shane's blue eyes myself during this book (god, I am saying I mean too much,i mean,that is just annoying). I liked the amount of concern and care Sage and Shane showed each other even before all the kissing and that soup at the trailer- it shows their love is not out of the need to be loved but out of the need to love that one person in whatever way they allow.

I liked that there was the perfect amount of dialogue and description within this book. I also really like how the author used 'who says' in this book because I feel it is a pretty nice way to connect the dialogue together smoothly.

All in all, this was a pretty heart uh cooling (i'm pretty sure i used the term heartwarming in here somewhere- meet me and my weird love for contradictions) read.

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment